Why the UK?
Key benefits at a glance:
- According to the World Bank’s “Doing Business Guide 2020,” rated eighth in the world for ease of incorporating a company and fifth on the Global Innovation Index 2019 and highest ranking G7/G20 economy
- Doing business in the UK gives you access to a potential market of more than 60 million people, as well as the ability to take advantage of a variety of programs that help businesses (of all sizes) grow and succeed.
- Corporation tax rates as of 2023 is 25%, the lowest in the G7.
- Dividends given by UK corporations to shareholders in other countries are not subject to withholding tax in the UK
- The UK offers attractive venture capital schemes and tax incentives to help small and medium enterprises expand.
- Various tax schemes available for company formation and investment Enterprise Investment Scheme and the Venture Capital Trusts offer tax relief for individuals interested in investing in UK small businesses.
- A place of promoting innovation as there are incentives in investing in research and development to encourage the use of fast-growing, innovative services and goods, such as the R&D Expenditure Tax Credit.
- It has a world-class intellectual property (IP) regime to protect and promote innovation as the country’s Patent Box offers a 10% corporation tax on profits from inventions patented in the UK.
- Its digital infrastructure supports Europe’s leading IT sector
The UK is conveniently positioned for travel to and interactions with key European and North American markets.